Friday 13 March 2009

Contrasts

Today I had my next scan. There was a bit of a hiccup because we were told an appointment had been made with the Fetal Medicine Doctor, but it turned out that it was made with a sonographer. We weren't happy with this as the doctor had told us 4 weeks ago that he wanted to see us today for a growth scan. I tried to speak to one of the midwives that was at the desk, who, frankly, wasn't very helpful. I should probably state at this point that she and my husband do not get on very well as a result of a heated conversation they had when I was pregnant with my last daughter. Anyway, to keep the peace, and because we desperately wanted to see Isabella and make sure everything was ok, we conceded and had the scan with the sonographer. Thankfully, the sonographer we got was a lovely woman who knew us from before as she had been the lady who diagnosed my last baby with hydrops, and she had scanned us at 9 weeks in this pregnancy. She confirmed that everything is progressing perfectly. Isabella now weighs in at approximately 1 lb 10 oz!!
After we had the scan, we went downstairs to see our antenatal consultant. I think we only had to wait for about 10 minutes before we were called. Now, in the antenatal clinic there is a playhouse and slide that my son LOVES to play in. It is always a nightmare to get him out when it is time to go. Anyway, today when we were called, and, as usual, monster boy kicked up a big fuss, our consultant told him that she had a surprise for him. So off we went to her office. Once there, she brought out a HUGE dinosaur that she said she had brought in especially for him as she remembered how much he liked them. We thought she had brought it in for him to play with while we were at our appointment, but she had actually brought it in for him to keep!! How lovely is that!! She definitely is a lovely person and we are very lucky to have her as our consultant, and, we feel, as our friend.

Well I'm off to make hubby something to eat, before he starts chewing on the sofa!! Men eh???

I'll check in again soon with any updates.
xxx



1 comment:

jayneH said...

What a great post, so pleased that everything is going well, your son is gorgeous its very nice to meet him , hugs Jayne x