Friday 14 November 2008

7 week scan.......

Today I went for my 7 week scan (well actually I'm 7 weeks and 4 days today).

I can definitely say that I didn't sleep a wink last night and was a total wreck this morning. When I got to the hospital I started crying before I even got in the scan room. I think the receptionist thought I was mad or something!

We went into the room and it felt like ages before the scan actually begun. I really thought that there wasn't a heartbeat, but then the sonographer turned and said that it was very good news, there is a heartbeat and everything looks absolutely perfect. Thank God! My consultant, a fabulous woman who made a heartbreaking and impossible situation somewhat bearable, came with us for the scan and, I think, was a s delighted with the news as we were!

So now I will have a scan again in 2 weeks time, and if all is alright then, then probably 2 weeks after that. We're trying to keep this pregnancy as normal a possible, but are mindful that we need to keep a very close eye on things.

Well, I'm back at work now, and it feels as though I've never been away. Things are really hectic and it's going to be difficult to tell them that I'm pregnant again, esp one of the managers who has been telling me that she doesn't want me to ever go on maternity leave again! But it's tough I'm afraid. This too is a very much wanted baby, and they're going have to deal with it!!

I'll check in again soon, when I have something interesting to update you with!!

2 comments:

jveigel said...

Hi BABY-C,
I made it to your BLOG page. I have come mainly to support you and to say Congratulations. Hopefully I too will be on this journey in the next few months. Take care and Happy Health to you all.

Janee Veigel

BABY-C said...

Hi Janee

Thanks so much for your support, I really do appreciate it, and sorry I haven't responded sooner!!

I know that you too will soon be sharing some happy news! Just remain focused and positive.

I'll be thinking of you:-)

Maria xx