Saturday 22 November 2008

More than the winter blues...

This week has been particularly difficult.

First off, we attended a requiem mass on Thursday for all those who have passed away in the last year at our church. They announced that the oldest person to die this year was 91 years old, and the youngest was my daughter, at 28 weeks gestation. My husband was collared to do the readings, which took him by surprise to say the least (!), while I spent most of this mass in the porch as my son wouldn't stop talking so I had to take him outside so that he wouldn't disturb the mass!!

Secondly, today is 6 months exactly since my daughter was buried. We again went to visit her grave. When we got there another mum, who is a regular like us, was there visiting her baby boy. We stayed for a short while, before going home.

To top it all off, it's absolutely FREEZING today! Apparently, it's going to get colder....great:( Actually, I prefer the cold to the hot, although maybe not quite as cold as this!!

Anyway, I'm due my next scan on Friday. The nerves are creeping back in (although they never actually go away). I'm hoping and praying that all goes well. I'll keep you informed...........

2 comments:

Talonds said...

Hello, my name is Alicia.. Im 18 I had my son when i was only 17.. I lost my son, Talon, to fetal Hydrops almost a year ago. It will be a year January 6th. He was born January 4th. He only lived for 2 days, but he was also born at 27 weeks. My son has been my only child. And Im very happy to know that u are blessed with another child. I have had 3 miscarriages since Talon. The doctors say my body can not take having another child. As much as I want another, I guess God is doing what he thinks is best. I try not to doubt his actions but the holidays are here and as u know its very painful. But u learn that God does everything for a reason.. I just yet to figure out why he chooses to take precious angels like our newborns..But i wish u and ur family the best of luck.. God bless and hope to talk to u soon..

BABY-C said...

Hi Alicia

Thank you for looking at my blog!

I'm so sorry to hear about your little boy and to hear what the doctors have said to you. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, some things just aren't meant to be, for whatever reason. I also believe that one should never give up hope. You never know what is round the corner!

Maybe you could post another comment with an email address so that I can respond to you privately (I won't publish that post!!) It's nice to be able to correspond with people who have been through a similar experience to mine.

Hope to hear from you soon

Maria xxx

p.s tell me, how did you find me????