Saturday 24 January 2009

The potty antics continue.....

As I mentioned previously, we have been trying to potty train my son. Well, so far so good! He will use the potty all the time when he is at home, even when he has bottoms on, usually! He's even starting to do number 2's in the potty now...yippeee!!!

Now to the difficult bit, how do I get him to go outside without a nappy on, keep dry and tell me when he needs to go? I've been using training pants wherever possible, but he doesn't tell me that he needs to go, he just goes! Any suggestions are very welcome!

So, today we're going to the cemetary to tend to my daughters grave. It's nice to be able to visit and spend time with her, but at the same time, an awful experience that no one should have to go through. Nevertheless, this is something that we must do as her parents. We will never forget, nor neglect her.

I'm back to work on Monday after a restful week off. I can certainly say that I'm not looking forward to it! I've been getting used to pottering around, spending time with my husband and son and generally just chilling. Oh well, that's life eh?

xxx

1 comment:

jayneH said...

Hi, I have had two sons and i got through the potty training years by asking them every half hour especially when we were outside, its a trial and error thing actually and i found it hard work unfortunately, we also did this with Lewis our grandson he was trained by the time he was two and a half, but my middle grandson he was almost four by the time he was dry day and night, so really every child is different you WILL get through it though then you will be ready to train the next one omg it seems never ending but so worth it when its over LoL good luck:)
jayne x